Oneida School District
Maximizing the Learning Potential in All Students
Message from the Superintendent
April 1, 2020
Re: Updates and Reminders
Dear Parents and the Oneida Community,
As our teachers and schools begin to reach out and start delivering our online educational services, I thank you for the support you are giving your children and teachers. We have had many successes and some frustrations, but that was to be expected. Here are a couple of general reminders:
- The East parking lot of the High School has a WiFi-hotspot for students to use. Make sure you are parked in the large lot where the auto shop is located.
- ATC is still helping families with internet connection and bandwidth.
- In some cases, where connectivity is an issue, it has not been a bandwidth issue. It has been a router issue – too many devices connected or an outdated router.
- Home Learning Coaches:
- I am so happy that many parents have viewed our Home Learning Coach videos. Some have even taken the test at the end and become "Certified Learning Coaches."
- If you are interested in viewing those short videos, they can be found on the Oneida School District website, just below the school icons and just above the superintendent's message.
- Many are taking advantage of our lunch/breakfast pick-ups. We are trying to keep up with the demand.
- Please continue to be patient as we work out some of the bugs and make the process easier for all of us.
If you are having any questions or concerns about connecting with your teacher or getting work assignments, here are the school hotline emails:
Malad Elementary School Hotline
Malad Middle School Hotline
Malad High School Hotline
Please continue to follow all of the safety precautions we have sent and others that you have received from other sources. We have been very fortunate so far in our community. Let's continue to be wise in our activities and follow the orders from health officials and our governor.
I want to publicly thank our teachers, staff, and administration, who have worked so hard to continue quality educational opportunities for our children. I have seen many good things happening through this process. Thank you for being willing to go through this new educational endeavor with us. Please, don't forget to reach out to the hotlines if you need any assistance.
Oneida School District #351